Skip to main content

Pinterest

Hello and welcome back! Today I will be writing about my all-time favorite app in the entire world- Pinterest. I have loved Pinterest since I was in high school. You know I've always been a dreamer, and Pinterest only encourages it for me. I must've spent hours creating boards for "My dream wedding" or "my dream beach house", etc. I love this app so much. It has and still is a big part of my daily life. I have a widget on my phone dedicated to a changing photo from my "2025" board, just to keep me inspired whenever I grab my phone. So, in honor of Pinterest being my favorite app, I thought I would dedicate this post to a couple random boards on my profile. 

The first random board is... my board entitled "2023". Towards the end of the year for the last several years, I make a new pinterest board and just start adding things to it that I really want to do, be, see, wear, have, start, stop or whatever the verb may be in the new year. It's not a resolution per say, it's more of a vision board. And I work on it for the whole year. It's inspiring and I love to add to my board. Here is a snapshot of this board.





Apparently I really wanted to smell expensive, have a lot of pink details in my life, and have a lot of coffee and books. 

Next up is my "Vanity" board. This board consists of makeup vanity organization acrylic containers. I haven't added to this board in six years. I was still in college, really into organizing my life. I have always been into makeup so it makes sense I was trying to organize my makeup. I actually ended up getting one of those acrylic organizers! After being inspired by Pinterest, I probably looked all over Marshall's or TJMaxx for something close to it. 


Alright, I am really enjoying going through my past Pinterest boards. Up next is my "Summer" board. I remember creating this board in high school. I think it was 2018. I started to really get into "fashion". I was looking up cute outfits and then trying to recreate them, probably again at Marshall's after I found the acrylic makeup organizer. Just looking at this board, it is evident is early 2010's. Look at the neon, the Snooki tanning lotion, and, is that a Keep Calm meme? 



I have so many other Pinterest boards that I could bore you with, but I won't. I do hope that if you didn't use Pinterest before reading my post that you will. The internet can be such a negative place. All the apps anymore result in doomscrolling. I think Pinterest can be turned the most easily into an encouraging place. The home page for me is just everything that I like, want to see, would like to have, would like to wear, or would like to create. Plus, you can always scroll back to older boards to see how cringy your inspirations used to be! 

Thanks for reading! Hope you have an encouraging, inspiring, dream come true day! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Has Me Writing Again ๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›

  It has been a while, but I am back! It is so nice to be typing here again. After a busy fall, a holiday season that didn't slow down for a minute, and the harshest winter I've ever lived through, I finally feel like I can breathe, and write, again. I will do a quick recap of my life and then explain my plans for the future of this blog.  So, since my last post was in October, life has been full. Here's a little peek at what's been happening behind the scenes: 1. My cousin's wedding was a success! It was beautiful and now they are actually pregnant!!! I can't wait to meet their baby girl.  2. Thomas and I were fortunate to be a part of our friends' engagement that took place in Boston in December! It was so much fun celebrating the two of them and surprising the bride to be! Now I am excited to help her plan their wedding for next year! 3. I'm changing my career from retail pharmacy to hospital inpatient pharmacy! I start in exactly 3 weeks from today. ...

April So Far + New Things!

  Hello reader, and welcome back! I am so glad you're here today! Just a quick recap on what's new with me... I had the best birthday week ever, my new job is great so far, and I have been working out more than ever. I am feeling content and accomplished. What a combo, right?! I'll share some pics of this month so far below! Myrtle Beach Airport! Enjoying iced coffee on the screened in porch! We had perfect weather every day that week in Myrle Beach I've been going to Trader Joes once a week now for the last few weeks, they have the best quick lunches! Thomas and I on our way to enjoy restaurant week in Portsmouth! (yes I'm wearing a turtle neck because we had 40 degree weather that day -_-) This has been me lately. Regina and my yarn in my lap every evening.  Regina and Joey love to get in the Bible Okay, so there are my little moments from the month so far. Since it is Monday, the beginning of the work week, I want to talk about new beginnings.  I love new things ...

Decor, Discipline, and Maybe even a Scented Candle๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•ฏ️

  Good morning, reader! I feel a mindful essay coming on! Grab a coffee and maybe a notebook, because this essay has some numbered bullet points!  I have been thinking about discipline a lot lately. I feel like it goes hand in hand with attention span, self-awareness, and ambition. Is it becoming more and more rare? They say with smart phones, everyone's attention spans are diminishing. I have noticed this with myself sometimes. This is not a judgement- just an observation I've made about myself and the world around me. And I want to refine it for myself. I want to be disciplined so that I can live my dream life.  I am dedicating this post to 3 ways to be more disciplined in a world that has little to none. So, let's begin! 1. Why do you want this? I believe you should first recognize why you want to achieve something. Is it for your health? Is it for your career? Maybe it's less extreme than that. Maybe it's for your home to be decorated for Halloween. Whatever it ...