Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday

 

    Good morning! Welcome back for another Thankful Thursday post!

    I believe that being happy starts with being grateful, so lets get happy! I am going to list some things I am so grateful for this past week.

    1. A wonderful vacation with Thomas' family! We had the absolute best week. I enjoyed spending time with our nieces, going to the beach every day, seeing Thomas' cousins, and so much more. It was a packed week!
    2. Being asked to be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding later this year! Ahh, weddings... I love going to them. This wedding will be back home in VA in October. I can't wait!
    3. Finally getting over this cold! No explanation needed. 
    4. Going out to eat for Thomas' birthday dinner this weekend! He chose Moxy for his birthday dinner this year and I am looking forward to it! Going out to eat might be our favorite thing to do. 
    5. Being off tomorrow through Sunday! I love a long weekend!
    6. My special chair I sit in on my deck. This chair is actually just a regular chair for our outdoor table, but it is positioned so I can lookout into the yard, be in the shade perfectly under the umbrella if need be. I could (and have) sit in this chair for hours. I do my quiet time here, I read here, eat here, and I have even crocheted in this chair. It's magical. 
    7. My new nail color! It's a bright blue, a little brighter than I thought it would be, but as it turns out, I love this color. 
Of course, I have so much more to be thankful for! I could go on and on, but these are just a few of the highlights. I give God all the glory and praise this morning! I have a lot to look forward to and a lot to be thankful for now. I hope you have a great, thankful day today! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Decor, Discipline, and Maybe even a Scented Candle๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•ฏ️

  Good morning, reader! I feel a mindful essay coming on! Grab a coffee and maybe a notebook, because this essay has some numbered bullet points!  I have been thinking about discipline a lot lately. I feel like it goes hand in hand with attention span, self-awareness, and ambition. Is it becoming more and more rare? They say with smart phones, everyone's attention spans are diminishing. I have noticed this with myself sometimes. This is not a judgement- just an observation I've made about myself and the world around me. And I want to refine it for myself. I want to be disciplined so that I can live my dream life.  I am dedicating this post to 3 ways to be more disciplined in a world that has little to none. So, let's begin! 1. Why do you want this? I believe you should first recognize why you want to achieve something. Is it for your health? Is it for your career? Maybe it's less extreme than that. Maybe it's for your home to be decorated for Halloween. Whatever it ...

Spring Has Me Writing Again ๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›

  It has been a while, but I am back! It is so nice to be typing here again. After a busy fall, a holiday season that didn't slow down for a minute, and the harshest winter I've ever lived through, I finally feel like I can breathe, and write, again. I will do a quick recap of my life and then explain my plans for the future of this blog.  So, since my last post was in October, life has been full. Here's a little peek at what's been happening behind the scenes: 1. My cousin's wedding was a success! It was beautiful and now they are actually pregnant!!! I can't wait to meet their baby girl.  2. Thomas and I were fortunate to be a part of our friends' engagement that took place in Boston in December! It was so much fun celebrating the two of them and surprising the bride to be! Now I am excited to help her plan their wedding for next year! 3. I'm changing my career from retail pharmacy to hospital inpatient pharmacy! I start in exactly 3 weeks from today. ...

April So Far + New Things!

  Hello reader, and welcome back! I am so glad you're here today! Just a quick recap on what's new with me... I had the best birthday week ever, my new job is great so far, and I have been working out more than ever. I am feeling content and accomplished. What a combo, right?! I'll share some pics of this month so far below! Myrtle Beach Airport! Enjoying iced coffee on the screened in porch! We had perfect weather every day that week in Myrle Beach I've been going to Trader Joes once a week now for the last few weeks, they have the best quick lunches! Thomas and I on our way to enjoy restaurant week in Portsmouth! (yes I'm wearing a turtle neck because we had 40 degree weather that day -_-) This has been me lately. Regina and my yarn in my lap every evening.  Regina and Joey love to get in the Bible Okay, so there are my little moments from the month so far. Since it is Monday, the beginning of the work week, I want to talk about new beginnings.  I love new things ...